Followers

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Want To Read Wednesdays !!!!

 My mother always told me that as a little girl, before I could read, and sit and "read" with one of my picture books. It is a love that started early and has stayed with me all my life.
image source

On my main book blog (The Book Worm) I've been sharing a lot about the various books I read and like. It's high time I shared about some amazing kiddie books too..... My older daughter, who is now 7, has a huge personal library at home that include some really amazing books. We've been fortunate enough to be able to get these books for her, and I'm really happy she has cultivated a love of reading the way she has. My younger one, who is all of 1, is already turning out into a reader too....and loves books a lot (guess she wouldn't know any other way, given her mommy and sister's love of reading) ;)

Starting this Wednesday, I will be sharing one book from my daughter's collection.....Wednesdays will be given to share the info about the book so that in case you are looking for a book for your little one, you can read the same and decide....

For today, let's start with a very cute and uncommonly named book called Mr. Stink by David Walliams and Illustrated by Quentin Blake.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/staticarchive/784c6f3cb452ce0ee8768df6591c3fa0abf4c2cb.jpg

image source
 
Chloe is just about the loneliest girl in the world. But then she meets Mr. Stink, the local tramp. Yes,
he smells a bit - but he's the only person who's ever been nice to her. So when Mr. Stink needs a place to stay, Chloe decides to hide him in the garden shed!

But Chloe's about to learn that some secrets have a way of leading to disaster. And speaking of secrets, there just might be more to Mr. Stink than meets the nose.........


- Debolina Raja Gupta

**********************************************
And like I always believe in and say:
'Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children' - MJ

Happy Parenting!!!! Be good to your little one, and to the millions of little ones out there who truly need every bit of love and compassion they can get.....Be a grown up...save the little ones.... Debolina Raja Gupta

1 comment:

Shreya at Jumbodium said...

A very nice and interesting post. Found something different to read out. Thank u for the share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...