Followers

Saturday, January 11, 2014

My Daughter and Her World of Books

image source

My 06-year old princess is forever reading (and I am sure the just-turned 05-month old is going to follow the 2 book worms in the family - obviously!) ;-)

While I am constantly wondering where I will stack up my books in the near future, I am crazily running out of space, and even after giving away more than 50% of my books recently (sad sad), I have some 300+ books that shall always remain, and add more to the family.

So, it's not a surprise that my elder one has a penchant for books. She has already finished reading various Enid Blyton series, the Amelia Janes, Horrid Henry's, Enid Blyton story book collections, Noddy was done ages ago, Roald Dahl she loves and so many more authors that she is regularly discovering and loving and adding to her collection.

I absolutely love this being a book lover myself. 
Even as my bookshelf is spilling over, we are constantly trying to figure out how to hold her collections. And she is just 6! There's an entire lifetime of collecting books that she is going to do.....I am soooo looking forward to what happens next :-)


Some of our best moments are spent reading books together, talking about characters and plots and authors, visiting book stores and sitting amongst books, reading, discovering, exploring.

While I certainly am proud of this, I know for a fact that reading is something that my daughter will continue for life, her love for words and her fascination to the world that is created and can be built up in our imagination is just unbelievable.

So much so, that no matter where we are going, whether it's a vacation or a small trip on the road, she will always carry a book with her, and may I add, just like me :-)

Her reading skills have already shown their worth - she is the top reader in her class already and can read, pronounce, spell, understand and explain big words, that most of her class mates ask her to help out with. She is also extremely good at conversational skills, and the fact that she reads so much has helped her gain knowledge way beyond her friends of a similar or even little older age group. Also, she writes her own stories and poems and loves all things creative.

This is not bragging, but this is happiness in the fact that I managed to introduce my daughter to this beautiful, magical, enchanted world, the same that my mother had introduce me to. Also, I feel that as parents, we should try and introduce our kids to books at an early stage, for they can truly be our friends, teachers and guide for life. And of course, it keeps them occupied in many creative ways.

I am a happy parent.

Have you also started introducing your kids to the world of books? Do your kids enjoy reading? I'd love to hear :-)

And if you too love reading and the world of books, do drop in to meet The Book Worm

- Debolina Raja Gupta

 **********************************************
And like I always believe in and say:
'Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children' - MJ
Happy Parenting!!!!

Be good to your little one, and to the millions of little ones out there who truly need every bit of love and compassion they can get.....Be a grown up...save the little ones.... Debolina Raja Gupta

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...