Followers

Friday, November 29, 2013

Relationship With Your Older Child After A New Baby


image source

Our new daughter is now almost 4 months old....Wow! Time does fly and I didn't even see it going past that soon...still feels like just yesterday when I got my first princess home, and another yesterday when I told my first-born that I'm headed to the hospital to bring her back a little gift.....I still remember how hard we hugged each other and how I wiped away her silent tears as she cried to see her mamma going away, even though for just a few days....I remember feeling a big boulder sitting on my heart too.....


And then the new princess arrived....and things went from mad to chaotic to crazy to whatnot!

Life's been a roller coaster ever since. But one thing I've constantly tried to do, is to spend as much possible time as I can with my first born. My darlingest bestest amazingest one...I know I'm still biased, but trust me, I love them both as much, but the first one, maybe a teeny tiny bit more....don't judge me for that now!

Right now there's a lot going on with me.....home, new baby, first baby, my work, freelance, my blogs, and other thousands of things that keep coming up....But somehow, I do try and take out time for some of this....

If you are a new mum with a new baby and older kid(s), maybe this could help you. And of course I'd love to and want to hear your tips and ideas too....so do lemme know :-)

(In no particular order)

1. Give her a bath - I always try and do this each day with her, and we play lots of fun water games in the bath together

2. Brush time - I try and make wake up time fun for her too

3. Wake up - I snuggle up to her, cuddle her and wake her up with a kiss (most of the days I try to, unless we are absolutely crazily late for school, and then I become the Horrid Mamma!)

4. Story time - My daughter absolutely loves books (if you've read my posts here these past few years/months, you know that already) and so we enjoy story time, especially at bed time

5. Cooking - Sometimes we cook together. I let her help me with the preparation and its fun!

6. Lots and lots of tickles and hugs and kisses and lap time and caress time and absolutely crazy times too

I was definitely missing out on all the 'me-and-my-daughter' moments once we had our new baby. Obviously, with a new baby in the family, things are bound to change. But now, as we are all getting used to our new life and family times all over again, it's a lot of fun I can assure you.

- Debolina Raja Gupta
**********************************************
And like I always believe in and say:
'Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children' - MJ
Happy Parenting!!!!

Be good to your little one, and to the millions of little ones out there who truly need every bit of love and compassion they can get.....Be a grown up...save the little ones.... Debolina Raja Gupta

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...