Followers

Monday, September 2, 2013

Getting The Hospital Bag Ready - Preparing To Go To The Hospital: Diary of A New Mum


 Image courtesy HERE

Since our doctor had told us that we would have a C-sec baby and there was no way of having a regular delivery, we were kind of in the know of the date when we would have the baby. There was a time frame of about a week that the doctor had told us would be ideal for the baby, but you can never really predict things a 100% accurately with a delivery involved.


So I made sure the bags were packed in advance for the hospital - especially as my elder daughter was already home and it would be difficult to suddenly get things ready in case we had to move to the hospital earlier (which we had to and about which I will talk later in a different post).

I prepared 2 bags for the hospital - one for me and one for baby.

What I carried in my bag:
  • Change of clothes (though I needn't have bothered as I was anyways in hospital wear, but it's still a good idea to carry a few extra set of clothes, in addition to the set of clothes you'll be wearing when you're leaving the hospital)
  • Sanitary pads
  • Spectacles (you don't want to be in your contacts all the time plus you're not allowed to wear lenses in the OT)
  • Contact lens, lens case, lens solution
  • Feeding Bras
  • Flat Slippers
  • Toothbrush and toothpaste
  • Soap
  • Comb, hair fasteners, toiletries
  • Books (sorry but I did carry 3 books with me!)
  • Mobile and charger
  • Medical files
  • Facial wipes
  • Hand towel
What I carried in baby's bag:
  • Body suits
  • Baby wraps
  • Infant diapers and nappy pads
  • Mittens and booties
  • Baby wipes
  • Baby caps
  • Infant sweaters
  • Infant vests
  • we did carry infant cosmetics like powder, soap, shampoo and oil but the doctor said we weren't supposed to use these till baby was at least 2-3 weeks.......the reason being that new born babies are not supposed to be applied any cosmetic for the first few weeks

- Debolina Raja Gupta

**********************************************
And like I always believe in and say:
'Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children' - MJ
Happy Parenting!!!!

Be good to your little one, and to the millions of little ones out there who truly need every bit of love and compassion they can get.....Be a grown up...save the little ones.... Debolina Raja Gupta

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...