Followers

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Chalk And Cheese

I was told this many times over by older, wiser and ‘been-there-done-that’ parents – that my children will have very little in common when it comes to preferences, habits, personalities and attitudes. Despite being mentally prepared, I am quite taken aback as my children grow, and the differences show up. After all, sharing the same roof, environment, and adults for bulk of their days (and not to forget at least 50% of their genes), should my daughter and son not resemble each other more? But no, on some counts, they are so markedly different, that they are at opposite ends of the spectrum – sample this :


• My four year old son painstakingly puts back all the pieces of the jigsaw and returns it to the cupboard. My daughter leaves the four books that she was reading on the couch to join us for dinner (after the fifth reminder)

• My son loves Dr. Seuss, my daughter could not stand him

• My daughter loves to retell the songs and stories she hears at school, my son will only sing to himself with the door closed

• While on a road-trip holiday, my daughter hates ‘living out of a suitcase – packing and unpacking almost every day’, my son actually likes exploring different rooms and gardens each day

When your children are so different, it is nice to be remember that each child is an individual by himself….but the surprise does not wane anyway. Are your children like chalk and cheese too?

*Reposted, with permission, from the ParentEdge blog (www.parentedge.in). ParentEdge is a parenting magazine that aims to expose parents to global trends in learning and partner with them in the intellectual enrichment of their children. 

- Debolina Raja Gupta

**********************************************
And like I always believe in and say:
'Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children' - MJ

Happy Parenting!!!!

Be good to your little one, and to the millions of little ones out there who truly need every bit of love and compassion they can get.....Be a grown up...save the little ones.... Debolina Raja Gupta

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...