Followers

Thursday, June 6, 2013

My Hubby Bestest Daddy

 

Hey,

It's the Daddy month! :-) And this picture above is one of my most cherished pics of my daughter with her dad. Not to mention that almost all of my friends have loved it as my FB cover pic....I adore this one!

So, this month we're celebrating Daddy's Day, or Father's Day, which falls this year on 16th June Sunday.


As part of the Father's Day celebrations, FirstCry.com asked moms to nominate their hubbies as the best daddies and talk about why they think their hubbies deserve to be titled the Best Dad!

Well, for me, that will be quite easy!

As a hands-on dad today, my hubby has clearly been very much involved with our daughter from Day 1! Starting from changing her nappy to helping me with feeds to patting her and making the newborn fall asleep during difficult nights - he's done it all. Cleaning the poop and cleaning the mess has also been very much in his stride - much to my amazement.

Honestly, as mothers, we don't expect our hubbies to understand the pressures or the nuances of looking after the kids. Most dads, as they will tell you themselves, are the 'fun part' in a kid's life - the go-to person for all things fun. And my daughter is no different. All of 5 now, she will immediately call up her dad in office to check with him about the latest I-Pad game download, or talk to him about the list of movies and videos she wants downloaded, sit with him through hours of PlayStation and X-Box gaming sessions, go on adventure water and sports ride and even ask for cullinary favourites that are different from what her mother (moi) gives her on a regular basis.

It's a fact that even though I still am my daughter's bestestest friend (as per her, mind you!), I can see that my hubby is the fun guy she goes to with all her exciting and 'new' and gadgety requests.

Another ritual of my daughter and hubby that I really find extremely sweet is their nightly bedtime story ritual. Whether I read her many stories in the day, or whether she reads multiple story books through the day on her own, the one part of the day (or rather night) that she looks forward to is the bedtime ritual of stories. So it is that daddy and daughter will get in bed, cosying up in each others' arms and go through pages and pages of stories, devouring words and pictures together. And when it comes to making up stories, my daughter states without a second thought that her papa is the bestest story maker in the world!

Quite a lot to nominate my hubby as the bestest dad I would think.

The above picture was taken at Marine Drive, a place we love to frequent, and it was on a quiet evening that the two sat on the promenade, looking out at the waters, oblivious to the world, and talking to each other about I know not what.........Just the way the two sat together in their own company made for a perfect picture for me, and a perfect moment to cherish...

Thanks FirstCry....I do nominate my hubby as the bestest daddy, as I feel he truly deserves to have that title :-)


 - Debolina Raja Gupta

**********************************************
And like I always believe in and say:
'Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children' - MJ
Happy Parenting!!!!

Be good to your little one, and to the millions of little ones out there who truly need every bit of love and compassion they can get.....Be a grown up...save the little ones....

Debolina Raja Gupta

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...