Followers

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

School Diaries...Everyday

You probably already know that I am a huge chatterbox, that I can go on non-stop. My ma has always told me how I loved to talk to her about everything under the sun and moon, and now, the fun carries on as my little one jumps into my arms each day and tells me absolutely every single thing that made news for her!

As I send her off to school each morning, I tell her to have fun, to have a great day, to listen to her teachers and also to make sure that she does some masti ;-) School is also about fun, right? And as I wave her off in the morning, we make funny faces and blow kisses to each other, one from the bus stand and the other from the other side of the bus window....


And even as I have a mad rush to finish off all my office assignments while the house is still quiet, the moment I see that bus reaching the stand at the end of her school day, I can't but help wait for the second when she jumps into my arms. I see her bus coming in the lane and I invariably end up standing on tip-toe, trying to see those two little pigtails inside the bus that are mine.

And then, it all comes tumbling down! And even before we cross the road, she has already told me what happened in the bus. Then its all about what teacher wrote in the diary, whether she managed to finish off her lunch or not, if someone did something naughty, if teacher scolded someone or whatever! And by the time we finish the one-minute walk back home, I'm alreayd updated as to what happened through her whole busy day!

For those who may think there's nothing special to this blabbering, I would just take a minute to say that think again.....What we may think of as just a kid talking on can actually reveal a lot about the kid's personality and what's going on in that little head. Hearing our kids is an everyday non-stop thing. It's listening to them and trying to understand their perceptions, thoughts, ideas, dreams and fears that will help us more as parents, and help us give those wings to our little ones, that will make that transition from childhood to adulthood a smooth, enriching and ever-memorable experience for our little ones.

**********************************************
And like I always believe in and say:
'Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children' - MJ
Happy Parenting!!!!

Be good to your little one, and to the millions of little ones out there who truly need every bit of love and compassion they can get.....Be a grown up...save the little ones.... Debolina Raja Gupta

2 comments:

Kritika Srinivasan said...

Debolina

I totally agree with you - the little ones' chattering is actually a window into their minds. Listening carefully to what they say can help us understand them better - their fears and hopes, their likes and dislikes....

And if you encourage your child to talk to you about everything and be open with you on what is happening in her life, somewhere this effort will pay off in the long run. Chances are that even when she is a teenager, she will come and talk to you about her problems and discuss her issues with you, rather than closing up and leaving you guessing and worrying.

So go ahead - keep those channels of communication open and buzzing!

Kritika Srinivasan
www.parentedge.in

Debolina Raja said...

Hi Kritika: Thanks for dropping by. Yes, in these busy days, it's really important that we keep those channels of communication open. A toddler who shares everything with a parent may tomorrow grow into a teenager who shares all her dreams and secrets too....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...