Followers

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sleep Tight...And Dont Give The Witch A Fright !!!!


Good night good night good night....those two magical words that I have been repeating these last three-n-half years, but alas, to no avail. They fall on two tiny ears, and even before they are heard properly, are drowned in giggles and gurgles...And I am left to my poor state of forced insomnia, the one that happens when you are almost falling off with sleep, but are forced to stay awake as the little one is still not convinced enough that this is THE time to go to bed...and, well, sleep!!!!

Everyday is a new story, somedays its one story (though such days are becoming so rare now), some days its two stories (this is next in line to becoming rare), and most days, its a bargain between four and five stories....no prizes for guessing whose deal is eventually kept...I am just a bugging beggar in my own house for these matters you see...begging to tell that one story, but ending up accepting the tyranny of five !!!!

Today, as the sleep fairy took complete hold of me, I decided it was time for the scary witch story...I have the right to be a villain sometimes, don't I? psst psst...it comes with being a mother ;)

Anyway, I began telling her about the bad (of course now she knows that all witches are bad) witch who lives in the jungle and watches when kids dont close their eyes at night and go to sleep..

"How can she see me? She is not closing her eyes?" says Ms. three-n-half-year-old...

And thats how my attempt at a story ends....and begins a new game again !!!!

*We all have our own crazy, sweet, special, funny, adorable bedtime rituals with our little ones, don't we? Let me know what is that special bedtime ritual you do with your darling little one. Write in to me at deborummy@yahoo.com and I will share it here with our readers :)

A very interesting site for bedtime stories that I have come across time and again, called Bedtime stories:

http://www.bedtime.com/


****************************************************************************
And like I always believe in and say:
'Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children' - MJ

Happy Parenting!!!!

- Debolina Raja Gupta

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...